Chocolate for breakfast? Raw cocoa mixed with quinoa for essential amino acids and protein, this recipe will keep you satiated till lunch. Now that’s the perfect start to the day!
Preparation time: 25 minutes Yields: 2 bowls
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 banana, 1/2 mashed, 1/2 cut into slices
- 2 teaspoons honey (or maple syrup or Coconut nectar)
- 2 teaspoons raw cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Sea salt
- Bring quinoa, 1 cup almond milk, water, and 1 dash salt to a boil in a small pot.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until all liquid has been absorbed, about 10 minutes. Remove quinoa from stove and transfer to a bowl.
- Mix in mashed banana, honey, cocoa powder, and vanilla. Stir until evenly combined. Pour remaining 1/4 cup of almond milk over quinoa, and garnish with banana slices and mint.