Chock full of oats, almond butter and more almonds, these muffins are refined sugar-free and vegan. Now that is the way I want to start my day!
Total preparation time: 35 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (4-5 bananas) + 1 extra banana, sliced
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats (no instant oatmeal)
- 1 1/2 cups plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey or coconut nectar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup raw sliced almonds + extra for topping
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and position a rack in the center. Grease a muffin tin with baking spray. Be sure to get the spray all the way up the sides of the muffin tins, because we’re filling them all the way up!
- If almond butter is not runny, microwave it for about 30 seconds to loosen it up.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until thoroughly combined. Spoon into muffin cups. Top with a few sliced almonds and a slice of banana.
- Place on rack in the center of the oven and bake until oatmeal cups are firm to the touch, about 20-25 minutes.
- Wait several minutes for oatmeal cups to cool before running a knife around the edges and removing them from the tin. Serve hot or let cool and refrigerate individually wrapped for breakfasts on the go. Enjoy!