Fantastic alternative to regular old pancakes filled with protein, fibers and vitamins.
Total preparation time: 20 minutes Yields: 10 pancakes
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- maple syrup, to serve (optional)
- fresh fruit of your choice, to serve
- In a blender, combine the peeled banana, eggs, oats, baking powder and salt.
- Allow to blend until the mixture is as smooth as you want it and blended well. Allow the batter to stand for 10-20 minutes until thickened slightly.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Pour approx. 1/3 cup per pancake onto the griddle or pan (the pancakes will be 4-5 inches in diameter). Cook for 1-2 minutes until the pancakes look dry around the edges and a little bubbly. Flip and cook on the other side until golden brown and cooked in the middle.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup and fresh fruit of your choice.