Preparation time: 30 minutes serves: 3/4 portions
- 1/2 cup red lentils (or mung beans)
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 diced carrot
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1/2 cup (frozen) green peas
- 1 cup chopped kale (or spinach)
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp. Turmeric powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- Cook mung beans and rice together in equal quantities in the same pot. Cook for about 20 minutes, and add in the vegetables and turmeric. Simmer for another 20 minutes or so.
- Adjust seasonings and serve piping hot and fresh!