Chia seeds – Packed with fiber, omegas, potassium, and magnesium, the superfood seeds are great for boosting energy, improving endurance, and even helping regulate digestion. Try this vegan, gluten free recipe!
- 1 can coconut milk
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- 5 tbsp shredded coconut
- 5-6 tbsp maple syrup (depending on preferred sweetness)
- 1 teasp vanilla extract (optional)
- fresh mango, diced and chilled (or unfrozen mango)
- In a bowl, combine the coconut milk, chia seeds, shredded coconut, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Let the mixture sit for about 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Mix once more, cover, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (for best results, refrigerate overnight).
- Remove the bowl with the pudding from the fridge about 15 minutes prior to serving.
- Layer some pudding into the bottom of each of the 2 serving glasses. Layer some diced fresh mango on top of the pudding layer. Alternate layers of chia pudding and freshly diced mango until glasses are filled to the top, ending with freshly diced mango.
- Top with some shredded coconut and serve immediately or keep in the fridge until ready to serve.