For a creamy bowl of oats, simply add some pumpkin puree. Topped with pecans, and a touch of maple syrup, and it’s basically (almost) pumpkin pie.
- 1/3 cup rolled oats or oatmeal
- 1 cup milk of choice (almond, coconut, soy etc…)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey (optional)
- Pinch cinnamon (optional)
- In a pot over medium heat, cook oats and milk until boiling.
- Turn heat to medium-low and add pumpkin. Stir for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add spices, and stir frequently for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl and add toppings as desired.