Preparation time: 20 minutes Yields:2 portions
- 1 cup quinoa
- 250gr mozzarella, diced (optional)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook quinoa according to package instructions; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, avocado and pine nuts. Stir in balsamic vinegar and olive oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.