This richly flavored version of the Italian classic is healthified by substituting quinoa for spaghetti and throwing in a healthy dose of superfood spinach.
Preparation time: 20 minutes Yield: 4 portions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. capers (optional)
- 6 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 12 olives, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 can (400gr) crushed tomatoes
- 200gr (baby) spinach
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, capers and anchovy. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes, until garlic is golden brown and anchovies have dissolved into oil.
- Add olives and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add baby spinach and cook for another 5 minutes, until wilted.
- Turn off heat and stir in quinoa. Serve warm, with additional olives for garnish.