The beauty of this recipe is its simplicity!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 leek (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder (optional)
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 200 gr red split lentils (well rinsed)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes (400 gr)
- 600 ml water
- 400 gr sweet potatoes (or pumpkin) in cubes
- 200 gr chopped spinach
- pepper and salt
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the leek. Add the garlic, curry and cinnamon and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the lentils, the chopped tomatoes and the water. Add pepper and salt. Bring to a boil. Cover the pan and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes and ginger powder and bring to a boil again. Let it simmer for 15-20 minutes till the potatoes are cooked. Add water if necessary.
- Add the chopped spinach and let it cook for 3 more minutes.
- Take the cinnamon out and serve with brown rice or on its own